Last year, I read a story called “Groupie” to a rowdy crowd at the Eagle’s Club in Green Bay. About halfway through the piece, a girl in the front row covered her mouth and ran for the exit, looking all pukey. After my reading, she came up to me and told me that she just couldn’t stay and listen to the whole thing. She was too grossed out. Then she said, “I will never forget that for the rest of my life.” That’s the sort of reaction that really warms my little heart.
“Groupie” is now available in Strange Sex 2: The Second Cumming from StrangeHouse Books.
This is the third StrangeHouse anthology I’ve appeared in, after Strange Fucking Stories and A Very StrangeHous Christmas. I doubt it will be the last. I love what Kevin Strange and his crew are doing. They’ve developed their own sick and twisted personality that is unlike any other bizarro or horror publisher out there, and I think a lot of my stories fit in well.
Flashback Weekend Was A Blast!
Last weekend, I set up my table and sold books at Flashback Weekend. The cool as hell Eric Hendrixson, author of Bucket of Face from Eraserhead Press, volunteered to be my table buddy. It was his first horror convention! I also got to meet fellow StrangeHouse Books luminaries John Bruni (Tales of Questionable Taste) and Brian Williamson. And I scored a bunch of unopened packs of Cyndi Lauper trading cards circa 1985.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by my table and bought books or just nerded out with me.
- Weepin’ & Creepin’: A Reading With Darci Schummer & MP Johnson – Volume One Gallery – Eau Claire, WI – 8/23 3:00 PM
- FallCon – State Fairgrounds – St. Paul, MN – 10/4
- Twin Cities Book Festival – State Fairgrounds – St. Paul, MN – 10/11
- Crypticon – Ramada – Bloomington, MN – 10/24-10/26
- BizarroCon – Edgefield Manor – Portland, OR – 11/13-11/16
Upcoming Books And Stories
- Death Warp – Dynatox Ministries (Fall 2014)
- “One Punk’s Guide to Bizarro Fiction” in Razorcake #82 (Fall 2014)
- “Butterflies” and “Leapfrog” in Cesspool (Fall 2014)
- “Letting Go” in Blight Digest (TBD)
- “Dead Diva Boogaloo” in Zombified 3 (TBD)
- “Selling the Slicer” in The Gruesome Tensome: A Short Story Tribute to the Films of Herschell Gordon Lewis (TBD)